Numerous people think the table setting means just an arrangement of plates, cutlery, and glasses. But it’s not like that. When a guest visits your restaurant to spend some quality time with friends and family, they have a lot of expectations from you. So, preparing tables at the restaurant is not only to serve as a place to hold meals but also to give the guests a special time.
How can I set the table in a unique way? Well, that’s not as tricky as you think. There are some considerations that you have to keep in mind. In this article, I will tell you the easiest and most elegant way to set the table. And you can use these ideas for both formal and casual meals. So, let’s begin!
Let’s set the restaurant table: What is needed?
To set the table, first consider the menu, restaurant themes, the season, and the event. Remember to choose the color according to the event, such as at a family dinner it will be good to choose warm colors. But at Christmas, the red will be the best option.
What do I need to set the table? Don’t worry. You don’t need so many things to prepare the table. There are some stuff that you need:
- Kids cups
- Menus / QR codes
- Tablecloth holders
How to set the restaurant table: elegant mise en place
To set up the table in a Formal way, follow the steps below:
- Lay a clean and ironed tablecloth. Make sure it matches your event.
- Place the serving plate in the middle. You can also use a charging plate.
- Place a napkin in the center of the serving plate. Fold the napkin or roll it for a better look.
- On the serving plate, place a salad fork on the outside and a dinner fork on the inside. You can set the fork on the napkin or directly on the tablecloth.
- Place the bread plate on the upper left side of the serving dish.
- Place a butter knife on the blade plate. Place the knife on top of it and the handle to the right.
- On the right side of the serving plate, place the fork sets from left to right: dinner knife, salad knife, soup spoon, and teaspoon. Make sure the knives match their forks on the left.
- On top of the knife, place a glass of water. And set the wine glass to the right of the water glass. Ensure the water glass is close enough, as people drink more water than wine during meals.
- Place a dessert spoon directly on the serving plate.
- Place a cup and saucer above and to the right of the soup spoon.
Set the table in a casual way – Complete Mise en Place
- Lay a clean tablecloth
- Place a serving plate in the middle
- Place the salad plate on top of the dinner plate
- Place a bowl of soup on top of the salad plate (if needed).
- Place the napkin on the left side of the serving plate and place the fork on it.
- Place the knife on the right side of the plate.
- Place the glass of water directly over the knife.
- On top of the water glass, place the wine glass.
Why table setting is essential, and you should know.
A well-set table makes guests happy and keeps them coming back to your restaurant. It also increases the chances of tips and positive reviews. When customers see your efforts to make their special time better, they will appreciate it. Delight the customers and build a good bond with them; you are likely to increase your bookings. So, Preparing tables at the restaurant is not only for you but also for customers.
How to reduce restaurant no-shows
In big cities, An average of 20% of restaurants fail to turn up with bookings. So reducing it can help you recover from a huge loss. There are many ways to reduce no shows. Here are some considerations you can follow:
- Use robust booking software.
- Simplify the cancel process.
- Always follow up with No Shows.
- Send reminders to customers.
- Create clear cancellation policies.
- Maintain good communication with customers.